Sunday, September 27, 2015

Shower Wisdom

I titled this post "Shower Wisdom" because I tend to think and write (in my mind, of course) when I am standing in the shower, wet, and unable to do anything about it!  When I sit down at the computer in the afternoon to write a blog post, all of my thoughts have disappeared into the ozone.  So, move over toothbrush holder and make-up caddy, the ipad stand is moving in!  If only the moist air wouldn't destroy it.  There are new refrigerators with screens, why not invent a shower-safe screen for the bathroom?  Samsung...

I didn't get much sleep last night, yet I woke up this morning happy and eager to start my day.  What is it that keeps my brain looking on the bright side and ignoring the negative?  I don't know, but let's keep it up!  

I am in the process of organizing my entire life.  I am paring down at home, keeping my work process streamlined, and getting my finances in order.  I started the 9-week Financial Peace University course from Dave Ramsey.  In week 3, we have finished the introduction and are starting to get into the good stuff.  I am filling envelopes with cash to better monitor my spending on food, gas, and entertainment.  It really is easy to spend money with a debit card and forget where it is coming from, especially if you throw away receipts, and/or forget to document a purchase in your checkbook.  (So, don't do that!)

Next week we are told to get out the scissors - wait, what?
I only use my credit card for emergencies (usually)!  And the Sears card was critical for purchasing a new washer and dryer - ok, so I paid it off and still have the credit card, but I may have another appliance emergency!

I trust Dave Ramsey and will continue to follow his advice until my debts are all paid off, my student loans no longer exist, and the thought of having a car or house payment is just a memory.  

Guess you all better wish me good luck - I am going to NEED it!  Keep it touch and I will update you on my progress :)

Until next time, keep looking on the bright side!  Michelle :)

No comments: