Friday, March 27, 2015

Because I'm "Happy"

Mobile phones are a lot of fun -- and a lot of frustration at the same time.  Along comes the new Amazon Fire Phone and I decide to give it a try.  There are fantastic features like Firefly and auto-scroll.  Unfortunately, the opposite is true and there are some less-than-ideal issues to contend with.  Millions of apps are available, with more written everyday, but did you know that the majority (95%)are for Apple or Android?  Here's my plea...if you are a developer, please design some good apps for the Fire OS so I can get back to SnapChat-ing with my daughters!

Phone decided to act up and it was replaced with a new one.  Starting fresh is not always best!  I had downloaded the Pharrell Williams' song, Happy, and used it as my ringtone.  I also lost many contacts, all of my notes, and most of my calendar entries!  I tell my students' that losing an assignment - usually because it wasn't saved correctly - is a great chance to increase your skills by doing the work again!  So...I have continued my learning by setting up a second Fire phone.  I reset the contacts, notes, calendars, and items as before and the phone shut off.  Then it re-started -- over and over and over again!  Now phone number 3 arrives in the mail and I need to set it up again.  I am grateful to learn new technology (really well) and it also increased my patience levels and I can better cope with unexpected frustration!  There is always a bright side!  Keep Smiling!  Michelle :)

So, for fun, I am inserting the Happy video for you to enjoy!  Just click on the link to go to YouTube.

 Pharrell Williams - Happy Video
 
 
Photo courtesy:  dispicableme.wikia.com
 
 
 

No comments: